Sunday, October 22, 2006

Shedir - I might run out of yarn!

I wish I had more time to post entries. My latest yarn panic is that I might run out of yarn for Shedir. This is a chemo cap for a co-worker. The yarn is Rowan Calmer. I love Rowan Calmer. Very, very soft. I hope I don't run out of yarn....I pray to the yarn gods to please, please don't let me run out!

I want to get this done for her because the weather is starting to become colder and this is such a soft material. She is nearing the end of her treatment and her hair is just beginning to grow back. I hope this will bring her warmth and the reminder that she will be a cancer survivor.

The pattern and a photo of a finished Shedir can be found here. Here is a photo of my progress.


I worked on this most of the weekend.

We were out at Bangrila this weekend with some of Greg's friends. We had a really good time but the time goes really quickly.

The hardest part about going out there is there is no internet connection. I could go into town and probably find a wi-fi spot but that is part of the reason of going out to the lake.

I had time to visit a yarn shop I have never been to before. How did I found her and her website. God only knows.

I picked up a couple skeins(ok more than a couple skeins) of some hand dyed sock yarn by this woman who owns Fancy Image Yarns. You can find her website here. She is very, very nice. I absolutely love what I got. The photo does not do it justice. The colors are much deeper in-person.


This is going to be a quick post because I need to get some stuff done around the house! Beanie and Chase had a great time at the lake. One of the women that was there is Cynthia and she is known as the Treat Lady. She loves dogs like I do (insanely so) and she always spoils the boys. Always. As you can see from the photo, she has their full attention!
One last thing. Hello Yarn! I just got this skein in the mail. Now who did I find out about Hello Yarns from? I think it was the Yarn Harlot. Anyway, really love this one too. Too much yarn, not enough time! It came with a cute, basic picot edged short-row heel and toe sock pattern.

I gotta run. I want to try and finish Shedir tonight! Have a great week everyone!




No comments: