Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bangrila Maintenance

I love Bangrila but like anything worthwhile in life, you need to do maintenance. Whether it is a relationship, a home, a financial system, or even a yarn stash, you gotta do maintenance!

A couple times a year the Bang Gang goes out to do maintenance on the lake house. We had a very productive day of weeding, pruning, raking, cleaning the roof and gutters but now the place is ready for fall and winter.

I had all intentions of taking photos but I guess I was too busy doing what I was supposed to do.

I tried knitting on the way out there and back but I had a case of nausea again.

The culprit is most likely an over-corrected vision prescription. A few years ago I had a very severe case of Keratitis - dry eye. At first the doc thought I would need a corneal transplant! Luckily I didn't have to go that route.

Every year since then my vision prescription has improved and once again my eyes are getting better. So until I get my new contacts I may have bouts of nausea and lightheadedness, especially when doing close up work like knitting or using the computer. Do you think I could get short-term disability to not work since I'm a computer programmer? Yeah, I didn't think so but its worth a try.

James - I'm listening to the Peas and....I always think of you when I rock out to Fergie and the boys.

No comments: