Friday, November 03, 2006

Zimmermann Aran Coat

Who doesn't love EZ? For those of you non-knitters EZ is known as Elizabeth Zimmermann.

I am working on the Aran Coat from Knitting Around. This is knit from Sheepsdown from Schoolhouse Press. Its a very thick wool that has a lot of lanolin. I started this early summer (I know...what was I thinking using such thick wool at that time of year?) and at some point I was frustrated because the sheepfold pattern was not in a mirror image as I knit. So...I put this project aside and let it simmer. I took it out about a week ago and decided to figure out how to mirror image the pattern. It only took me a few minutes to figure it out so I wonder why it took me so long to pick this project back up again.

Here are photos of the before: See how the pattern is just repeated?

Here is a scary photo. This is where I "un-did" that portion of the main body down to the first row so that I could re-knit it so the two panels would be mirror images of one another.




Now here is the re-knit version. I had to do this to two panels on the main body and on one sleeve!


Isn't that much better??

1 comment:

bizyhands said...

Hi Naomi!
Wow, you are so brave to do all that raveling. That part of knitting makes me very nervous! But I know that if anyone is up to the task, it's you. Looks great!
Love-Terry