Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Celebrations Begin!


My friend Jamie works with me. She did a VERY nice thing for me yesterday.

She surprised me with "Queen For a Day" (or a week as I say!) which is to kick off my 40th birthday celebrations! She gave me this huge bouquet of flowers. Then when I was coming back from a tech team meeting to my home away from home(cubicle) there were all my co-workers around my cube waiting to wish me happy 39th(I think I'll be 39 for the next 20 years as Jamie has assured me that 60 is the new 40 so I have 20 years of being exactly 39)!

She had these really huge and wonderful cupcakes and glasses of kiddie champagne. Ok, Martinelli's Sparkling Cider (we are gov't employees and there is no alchohol involved!). It was a very nice start to my week of being queen!

Jamie told me that her bouquet would be a high bar for Greg to meet. His side of the story is that he doesn't need to get me flowers since this bouquet is incredibly fantastic! He knows better than that, I hope!

I'm heading down to "Bangrila" (not Shangrila - but the Bang version) this morning. I need to get my boo-tay in gear. I'm caravaning it with sis Trish and her two kids, Connor and Nicole, and another sister Cheryl. I'm driving a separate car with Chase and Beanie and all the projects I'm going to work on this weekend!

Knitting projects I'm taking: Zebra socks (almost done), my Alice Starmore Inishmore and Elizabeth Zimmermann's Aran Coat. I also want to take some sock yarn for Cheryl's birthday gift. I don't think it will be a surprise gift because I need to measure her feet. She's got these really cute feet that don't fit in the normal foot measurements. I want her to love her socks which means they'll have to fit perfectly!

I gotta run.

Thanks so much Jamie for making me feel so special. You're a keeper. Also...sorry you have to be at work! I'll be sending you peaceful, productive thoughts!

No comments: