Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back to the Grind!

Well the week has been very busy at work. Things were pretty stable while I was gone and my first day back (Monday) - lo and behold....a production problem! The users could not post any transactions in AR(Accounts Receivable). Yes, that is a problem that needs to get resolved ASAP!

I traced the issue down and found the bad code. There was a documented software patch for this issue. I applied the code, had my associate test it and then it was moved to the production database. On to the next emergency issue. This week has been full of them but it makes work exciting and fun to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

I also have not done much knitting but tonight I started back up and worked about an inch of sock#2 of the zebra socks. I want to get those done this week so I can work on some other UFO's!

Today I purchased an out-of-print Alice Starmore book titled "Stillwater". I clearly recall when this book came out and pondered buying it but it was expensive and I figured..."I can always get this later". How was I to know that knitting would catch on like wildfire and that a very strong demand on e-Bay would drive the prices to outrageous limits. Well almost a decade later I had to pay a very pretty penny for this book. I'm excited about it. It is my gift to myself for my 40th birthday.

I better get off the computer and get into bed. I'm finally beginning to catch up on the jet lag - each night there is less lag, thank goodness. I don't like feeling tired all the time!

No comments: