Thursday, June 26, 2008

Candace is running a Marathon!

A fellow student in the Nihon Vogue course is running a marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This organization holds a special place in my charitable giving heart.

My niece Nicole has leukemia(which is in remission). (I realize now I should have done a post requesting donations when Nicole's brother, Connor, did the Big Climb earlier this year - oh well, I will do it next year).

Anyway...Candace is training to do a marathon. The proceeds will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This organization has been a wonderful resource for my family.

I did a post on Nicole's birthday last year which will give you more information about my niece's battle with leukemia.

Here is a recent photo of Nicole with her brother Connor(far left) and cousin Cameron (center) at Cam's high school graduation a few weeks ago. You can see that she is doing well.



The drug that Nicole is on, which keeps her in remission, would not be possible without the charitable contributions of people like you and me.

If you have the means and the desire, go to Candace's giving website to donate directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society via her efforts!

Thanks so much!

Also a big round of applause to Candace for taking on such a big commitment to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!!!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I just joined OneMatch in Canada.

Let me know if I can help with the fundraising drive for next year. I am good at providing prizes!