Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hanging out near Ebeltoft

During our first few days in Ebeltoft, we did a lot of hanging out.

This was a nice way to transition to the time zone.

One day Ruth took us to one of her favorite beaches. This is a place where she and Jens sometimes take a quick, refreshing dip into the very cold water. It was the middle of summer and it was chilly to me. I can't imagine taking a dip into that water!!

I love the area around Ebeltoft. Just minutes away from the middle of the town, you go into the countryside. It is so beautiful. You can go from middle of a tourist area to a very rural area within 10 minutes.

The beautiful wildflowers:



A thatched roof home right on the beach(this is a rare thing. They don't allow much building right ON the shore line as they do in the states. This house has been there for a very long time, before there were laws banning it):



A view from the beach where we sat down and just chatted about life:



I love this picture. There is just something about this photo that speaks to me. It is ordinary Danish life(always enjoying the outdoors) with modern life injected in with the modern windmills in the background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denmark looks amazing! The flowers remind me of the Fireweed that grows here in Alaska. It is an invasive weed, but it is also one of my favorite flowers and a harbinger of fall. My grandmother was from Denmark, I would love to go there sometime! It was great to see you at the Sock Summit! Sorry we didn't get to spend more time together!