Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm not kidding you

I just finished the Baltic Blossom Shawl designed by Evelyn Clark.

I purchased 3 skeins of Handmaiden Swiss Cashmere Silk yarn in the Amethyst colorway at Village Yarn and Tea's New Year's Day sale. I had been eyeing this yarn for quite some time.

I hunted for the perfect shawl for this amazing yarn with the right yardage. As it ended up, I only used 2 skeins. I'm not kidding you, I had *just* enough yarn. I had about 1.5 yards left!!! See photo below:



This is a beauty and it is finished just in time for the Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat 2009!

Here are more photos of Baltic.






I hope to connect with all of you at the retreat!

I have spent the past two weeks with Ruth Sorensen and her husband, Jens. We have been busy running around sightseeing. This is the reason for lack of posts.

For those of you signed up for her Mitten and Wristwarmer classes at Madrona, you are in for a real treat!

3 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Your shawl is stunning. I hope you get a lot of use out of it.

Sarah said...

N- it's simply gorgeous! I missed you all and hoped you had a great time at Madrona. I want to hear all about it!

hugs~
s

jennhx said...

That is a gorgeous shawl! Bravo! I took both Ruth's wristlets and mittens class and they were simply wonderful. Cheers!